The moment that every hacker has been waiting for has arrived!!! Today HackADay launched the HackADay Prize, a contest where the best product that can change the world will be awarded A FRIGGIN’ TRIP TO SPACE!
Last year I “lost”, well I wouldn’t call it losing as I scored an awesome t-shirt and got the chance to meet a lot of awesome people at the big event in Munich, but this year I’m in for the grand prize! And for that I must always be up to date with all the news about the contest, so I started to get my hands dirty and built this thing to print tweets from the HaD Prize account:
This years contest is all about green technology, so what better way to offset all that good will than printing all @hackadayprize tweets on paper?
Just kidding, I saved that printer from the dumpster and the paper I’m using would have gone to waste anyway; also, I was already using the back of the “discarded” paper to take notes! 🙂
Summer is coming, and it’s time to fix a few issues in my car! First of all, the easy and fun part: my air vent had a few flaps missing, so I wanted to remake them. Easy peasy! A few minutes with a caliper and CAD, and the design was ready:I then printed the file on Crunchlab‘s 3D printer and after a few tests I got this:
This article is part of a larger project to build a multi-purpose board that can replace a Nokia 3310′s mainboard.
Well, today I started testing the analog input circuitry. As you can see, I’m soldering wires directly from resistors to the connector. The casual observer may see this as being too lazy to route a proper connector on the PCB, but it’s really a very sophisticated way to relieve stress on the connector! 😛
I also had to add a bodge flyback diode to the buzzer, as I forgot to include one… That’s the second error on the PCB: the other one is taking for granted that I could put two green LEDs in series. I’m too used to modern, super efficient LEDs, but since I’m reusing the original Nokia 12 years old LEDs, they need a bit more current and seem to have an higher forward voltage than the ones I use everyday.
This article is part of a larger project to build a multi-purpose board that can replace a Nokia 3310’s mainboard.
A long time ago, (I felt like) I was the coolest kid on the block, with my heavily modified Nokia 3310. A thriving community existed with the purpose of reverse engineering Nokia DCT3 phone firmwares, creating from the simplest mods like changing a few bitmaps to writing a full alternative open source firmware, aka Project MADos. Yes, I was “cooking ROMs” before it was cool.
Più di una volta mi sono trovato a raccomandare questo gioco ad amici. Credo che rappresenti il migliore ponte fra un’opera d’arte “convenzionale” e le opere d’arte comunemente conosciute come “videogiochi”. Purtroppo non esiste una traduzione italiana della spiegazione del gioco, quindi ho copiato qui sotto e migliorato la traduzione di google. Prima di leggere la spiegazione, consiglio di provare almeno 2-3 volte il gioco, e di provarlo di nuovo una volta finito di leggere. L’audio svolge un ruolo importante nella narrazione: attivatelo.
Il gioco è open source e scaricabile dal sito dell’autore (qui la versione per windows).
I controlli sono:
– un tasto qualsiasi per far partire il gioco
– Frecce su/giù/destra/sinistra per il movimento
– F per uscire da schermo intero
– B per cambiare la dimensione dell’immagine
– Q o ESC per uscire
A few weeks ago I’ve had the great opportunity to attend the awesome Hacker Camp in Shenzhen, hosted by Ian Lesnet from DangerousPrototypes. I could say a lot about that incredible experience, so I’ll start by sharing an experiment I did to explore Shenzhen’s manufacturing ecosystem.